Saturday, March 9, 2013

Indiana

So I went to go visit my friend and his roommate this past weekend in Valparaiso, Indiana and it was so amazing, but so cold! I'm from California, from the desert, but I go to school in Norcal, so I am not used to the snow. While on the plane, everything was pitch white until we were about to land, I was finally able to see Chicago (yes, Chicago, I flew into O'hare).



I arrived at Chicago around 1:30 p.m. and then took a two hour long bus ride to Portage, which is about twenty minutes from Valparaiso. I had a university tour and meeting at Valparaiso University at 4 p.m. so my friend Calvin picked me up in Portage and drove me to the campus. It was so beautiful and everyone was so nice.
 

You can barely see the campus in this picture, but it was nice ^.^

After my tour and meeting, I stayed with Calvin at his job and I just kept him company, but after, we had a Chicago style hot dogs and they were delicious! I even brought some home with me ^.^
 
 
That night, I met his roommate for the first time (I kinda sorta have a crush on him), but I didn't know how to act and he thought I was weird :c The next day, we drove five hours to Green bay, Wisconsin to go watch a VU basketball game and to go visit Lambeau Field. Green Bay was different to what I expected it to be, but it was so nice and at the VU game, I got to meet my favorite player, Ryan Broekhoff.  I got to drive in the Midwest, so I got super excited about that and before we went back to Indiana, we stopped in Chicago to eat hot pot, one of my favorites!







The next day, Calvin's roommate didn't join us, (I guess I creeped him out too much), but Calvin and I took a train to Chicago. We had a Chicago style hot dog for lunch and went to the Field Museum, the bean, Willis Tower, and Giordanos. Everything was so nice and pretty, I didn't want to leave :c





@the Bean


Top floor of Willis Tower
 

Chicago style pizza: you might me wondering where the 
cheese is, but, trust me there's plenty of it inside

The next day, Calvin surprised me and took me to go see Lake Michigan, but it was frozen and then we went shopping and went back to get ready for his birthday party. He turned twenty-four, that old man.



On Tuesday, I flew back to California, but my plane got cancelled twice and delayed once because of a snow storm. After more than half a day spent in the airport, I finally got on the plane and arrived at the San Francisco airport at almost 1 a.m. and drove back up to where I go to school, a five hour drive, and got home at 7 a.m. It was all worth it though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio